Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer for those who seek outstading EQ quality with the convinience of fast and precise recall and automation.
MEQ offers 100% signal path, Passive as well as parametric filters, Highpass filter with changable slope and resonanse, Stereo/Dual mono/MS operation and a metering section with EQ curve representation.
All this with mastering grade sound and recall with a speed of a native plugin.
Suggested retail price: 3000 Euro net
– 100% analog audio signal path
– USB connectivity with MAC/PC
– all parameters are digitally controlled via touchscreen and/or DAW (with dedicated plugin)
– 399 presets with unique names, total recall, A/B comparison
– 5-inch capacitive touchscreen with backlight, four encoders with push-button action for ease of
– stereo, dual-mono and mid/side operation modes with focus function
– stereo 12 or 24dB/oct high-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency (10Hz – 240 Hz; extended
to 6Hz with the resonance enabled)
– four stereo parametric filters with 15dB boost/cut range, variable Q (0.2 – 7):
– EQ1: 22Hz – 470Hz (bell/shelf)
– EQ2: 90Hz – 2kHz (bell)
– EQ3: 480Hz – 10kHz (bell)
– EQ4: 1kHz – 23kHz (bell/shelf)
– stereo passive equalizer with extended hi-boost section (air bands: 20 and 28 kHz)
– stereo, 12dB/oct low-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency (2 – 38 kHz)
– adjustable output level (+/- 10dB)
– Frequency Search, Gain Lock, Note and Auto-Q functions
– on-board measurement of PEAK/RMS levels and RTA analyzer
– on-screen live representation of the equalization curve
The digital section of the Mastering Equalizer is based around two high speed, 32- bit micro-controllers, with dedicated firmware programmed into their memory (with the possibility of updating the firmware via USB connection). One of them is responsible for controlling the VCA limiter, when the other watches over the user interface, presets management, audio measurement, USB connectivity and other Mastering Equalizer functions.
The use of separate ground planes for analog and digital section results in perfect noise isolation between these two worlds. The linear power supply was used instead the switching one to improve the sonic qualities even further.
Front panel and LCD touchscreen
The front panel of the Mastering Equalizer is build around big LCD touchscreen, that allows you to control almost all functions available in the device. Apart from that, you can also monitor input/output levels, amount of gain reduction (and clipping) applied by the equalizer, perform advanced measurements (FFT, LUFS, K-metering), use on-screen QWERTY keyboard for naming your presets and more. You can even display fully configurable, analog style VU meters!
The Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer can communicate with your DAW via USB connection. The unit appear as a HID device and can be managed via Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer Plugin.
Technical specification (all filters enabled, set flat):
– Frequency response 20Hz to 20kHz (+/- 0.2 dB)
– Dynamic range: 128 dB @ +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
– THD+N: 0.03% @ +4 dBu, 0.06% @ +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
– CMRR: max 85 dB @ 3 kHz, min 52 dB @ 20Hz, 20 kHz BW
– Crosstalk: min -100 dB @ 30Hz, max -65 dB @ 20kHz, +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
– balanced stereo input (XLR), 23dBu max input level (THD < 0.2%)
– balanced stereo output (XLR), 23dBu max output level (THD < 0.2%)
– Operating Level: +4dBu
– Input impedance (differential): 48kΩ (for balanced signal)
– Output Impedance: 50Ω + 50Ω (electronically balanced)
– 2U enclosure, 230mm deep
– 115/230V switch
– advanced linear power supply with toroidal AC mains transformer
– Maximum power consumption: 20W
– Shipping weight: 5.5 kg
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)