TEC Nominated Bettermaker® Bus Compressor is for those who seek high quality stereo VCA compression with the convenience of fast and precise recall and automation.
The bus compressor offers 100% analog signal path, Dry/Wet mix, sidechain with HPF, with hardware insert and preview function, adjustable THD saturation and more..
All this with high analog quality and patented recall with a speed of a native plugin.
Suggested retail price: 2035 Euro net
– advanced analog stereo VCA compressor with PEAK/RMS detection
– all parameters are digitally controlled via front panel and/or DAW (with dedicated plugin)
– dry/wet MIX control for parallel compression
– sidechain high pass filter with hardware insert and preview function
– adjustable THD for harmonically rich sound
– on-board measurement of PEAK/RMS levels
– 100% analog audio signal path
– total recall and A/B comparison from your favourite DAW
– LED matrix display and six encoders with push-button action for ease of control
– USB connectivity with MAC/PC
The sound of the Compressor is of course based on the quality of its analog audio path. But all the control and user interactions are performed in the digital domain. This allows us to incorporate options and possibilities not found in any standard analog compressors:
- recall last unit state after reboot
- Instant reset of all parameters
- Rapid, precise and repeatable adjustments
- Precisely linked stereo operation with the ease of a single control
- DAW automation and recall of all available parameters
The digital section of the Bus Compressor is based around high speed, 32-bit micro-controller, with dedicated firmware programmed into its memory (with the possibility of updating the firmware via USB connection). It's responsible for controlling the VCA, the user interface, presets management, audio measurement, USB connectivity and other Bus Compressor functions.
The use of separate ground planes for analog and digital section results in perfect noise isolation between these two worlds. High quality switching power supply, designed by Bettermaker, was used to provide low hoise, hum free power to all analog and digital components.
The front panel of the Bus Compressor is build around eye-catching LED matrix display, that allows you to monitor almost all functions available on the device, as well as input/output levels and amount of gain reduction applied by the compressor.
– Frequency response 10Hz to 22kHz (+/- 0.2 dB)
– Dynamic range: 106dB (+23dBu, 22kHz BW)
– S/N ratio: 87dB (A-weighted, +4dBu, 22kHz BW, unity gain)
– Crosstalk: -83dB @ 1kHz, +18dBu, channel-to-channel
– CMRR: max 85 dB @ 3 kHz, min 52 dB @ 20Hz, 20 kHz BW
– THD: 2nd: < 0.06%, 3rd: < 0.01%; 4th: < 0.006%; (+4 dBu, 20-20 kHz, unity gain, THD and CLIP disabled)
– balanced stereo input (XLR), 23dBu max input level (THD < 0.2%)
– balanced stereo output (XLR), 23dBu max output level (THD < 0.2% into >2kohm)
– Input impedance (differential): 48kΩ (for balanced signal)
– Output Impedance: 50Ω + 50Ω (electronically balanced)
– 2U enclosure, 230mm deep (Mastering Compressor)
– 1U enclosure, 230mm deep (Bus Compressor)
– universal 100 – 240V power supply designed by Bettermaker
– Maximum power consumption: 25W
– Shipping weight: 5.5 kg (Mastering Compressor), 5 kg (Bus Compressor)
Threshold: -35dB / +5dB (40dB range)
Attack: 0.1 – 60 ms
Release: 10 – 2000 ms
Ratio: 1.5, 2, 4, 6, 10:1
Output: -5dB to +15dB
Sidechain HPF: off – 370Hz
Sidechain Feed: Forward
Sidechain Type: PEAK/RMS
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)